You may be aware that certain foods can really help boost your metabolism and lower your body fat. Certainly, there are many fat burning foods that help create a thermogenic effect in your body which can play a significant role in helping you lose weight.
Weight management is extremely important as it affects every aspect of your life… social, physical, and emotional. If you eat a balanced and healthy diet, you will substantially lower down your odds of having various health issues including heart disease and also diabetes. For this reason, let’s discuss the top 7 healthy foods that can help burn that extra flab off your body.
1. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
This is a pantry staple which helps you burn excess fat by cutting down you sugar cravings. When you eat apple cider vinegar before having your meal, it will make you feel fuller with less food. Furthermore, it is also a natural method of detoxing your body and balancing pH of your stomach. Since the vinegar is very acidic, ensure you only add a tablespoon or two into a glass of drinking water before drinking.
In addition to fat loss, there are extra benefits of apple cider –
- Increases PCOS symptoms.
- Kills harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Lowers insulin and blood sugar.
- Decreases cholesterol levels.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Lower fasting blood sugar.
- Improves insulin sensitivity.
2. BONE BROTH
Using chicken or beef bones to make soup stock could have lots of health benefits. These types of bone broth have lots of amino acids so it plays a vital role in cutting down the fat from your body.
Following are many of the key benefits of Bone Broth:
- Protects Joints – Bone broth is a purely natural source of collagen, a protein found in the vertebrae of animals – in their cartilage, bones, tendons, skin, and ligaments. When we grow older, our joints tend to get weak so ensure you add bone broth to your diet.
- Maintains Healthy Skin – With the help of collagen, elastin is created along with many other compounds within the skin. All this basically helps in maintaining texture, tone, and youthfulness of the skin. Collagen is also valuable in reducing puffiness as well as signs of aging.
- Facilitates Healthy Functioning of The Immune System – Bone broth offers gut-supportive benefits which helps the healthy functioning of your immune system.
3. CHIA SEEDS
Primarily grown in Mexico, these seeds are best known for its rich nutritional value and also as a fat burning food. Eating chia seeds will boost your energy level and your stamina. Since chia seeds has high fiber content, it helps to keep you fuller for a longer, as a result prevents overeating.
READ ALSO: FORMS OF DIABETES
4. CHICKEN BREAST
If you are looking to burn calories, then chicken breast is the best fat-burning food. Just three ounces of chicken will give you 37% of your body’s daily recommended amount of protein. This makes your body feel energized each day.
The main reason chicken breast protein helps in weight loss is that it is rich in leucine. It is a known amino acid that keeps the muscles lean which, consequently, burns more calories.
Be sure you opt for locally grown and natural chicken that cuts out fillers and preservatives.
5. COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil has been known to contain important fatty acids called Medium Chain Fatty Acids. These fatty acids keep you full so that you eat lesser calories. These fatty acids help your body to successfully burn around 120 calories more everyday.
The most important thing about coconut oil is that it can help you lose belly fat and visceral fat. These are the most rigid type of fat that also surrounds your internal organs and are the most challenging to lose.
6. GRAPE FRUIT
Very few people are aware grapefruit is among the best fat-burning foods. The enzymes found in grapefruits help your body to breakdown sugar and boost your metabolism. Ensure you add a slice of grapefruit to your breakfast or squeeze a number of fresh grapefruit juice into your smoothie.
7. WHEY PROTEIN
You can also add whey protein to your smoothie which always comes in a powder. Whey protein helps to reduce body fat, boosts muscle tone, and reduce high blood sugar.