A lot of people suffer from Chronic diarrhea from time to time. A digestion condition with watery stool as symptoms.
Usually, Chronic diarrhea on some people last for a few days, this is acute diarrhoea. When it gets from one to two weeks, that’s a chronic case of diarrhoea. Diarrhoea at the chronic stage can be caused by some medical conditions. There are some home remedies you can try if it fails you should see your doctor.
There will be questions coming from your doctor about your condition. It can be how long you have had diarrhoea or how often do you have diarrhoea. The doctor will also examine your physical condition and if there is a need an examination will be carried out on your faeces.
- Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease are some of the inflammation condition that causes watery stools.
- Viruses like cytomegaly virus and Norwalk virus can cause diarrhoea in the human body.
- Contaminated foods exposed to bacteria and parasite also is responsible for many diarrhoea cases.
- Diet is the most cause of chronic diarrhoea though this largely depends on the body system of the person. Some foods make digestion easy and do not waste time in the colon. Diabetes and excess alcohol in the body can also cause diarrhoea.
- Sometimes after a series of tests and examination, the cause of diarrhoea may not be revealed then the doctor can attribute the cause to irritable bowel syndrome( IBS).
- Irritable bowel syndrome is a condition in the large intestine, it can cause bloating, constipation, nausea, diarrhoea and abdominal pain.
- Some medication can also be responsible, like in the case of antibiotics, sometimes antibiotics can also destroy useful bacteria in the intestine which might cause an imbalance in the system leading to diarrhoea.
- Some sweeteners, a natural sweetener like fructose can still cause diarrhoea. Also, artificial sweeteners like sorbitol found in many products can cause diarrhoea depending on the body system of the person.
The obvious symptoms of diarrhoea (acute or chronic) is watery stools, in the case of chronic diarrhoea it can go on for weeks. Other symptoms include:
4) Traces of blood in stools
4) Pains in the abdomen
5) Abdominal cramps
- Hands should be washed after using the toilet, coming from outside, after handling some stuff and after changing a diaper.
- Hand sanitizers should be used when washing of hands is not possible.
READ ALSO: HOW TO FIND TRUE LOVE
There are many medications For treating diarrhoea which can be bought in the pharmacies. But in the case of chronic diarrhoea, assuming that one has tried them.
1. Diet can also go a long way in stopping this condition. If you suffer from this condition frequently, you should take note of the type of food you take in when they happen. Then try to stay away from these foods.
2. Also not overeating so as not to take more food at a time than your body can hold. Don’t take excess alcohol and caffeine.
3. If your diagnosis shows that bacteria and parasites are the underlying cause of your condition, antibiotic can be prescribed by the doctor. Bismuth and loperamide are some of the medications that can slow down digestion in the intestine.