AWARENESS ABOUT UNPROTECTED OR CASUAL SEX
Formerly, the awareness about sexual health was not so rampant. A lot of people were not very aware about the advantages of using contraceptives. Most people declined using contraceptive measures as the worry over sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) was not as critical as it is now.
The rise of unprotected and casual sex in the nation has led to higher number of STDs and STIs like genital herpes, warts or HIV/AIDS. These sexual problems have served as an eye opener to a lot of people and the use of condoms as a precautionary measure has now improved at a rapid pace.
BENEFITS OF CONDOM USAGE
The use of condoms has increased to a higher rate because of the three-fold rewards that it gives you. First of all, condoms help you to stay away from sexually transmitted diseases as well as infections; in addition they are an effective way to prevent against unplanned pregnancy and finally, some condoms are made to increase your sexual performance and also pleasure.
Condoms are made of different materials for example rubber, latex, polyurethane, polyisoprene or lamb intestines. Out of all these types, latex condoms are the most widely used. Latex condoms offer you more protection as they are versatile, stretchable as well as strong. A condom is worn over the penis before penetrative sex and is removed and disposed safely after use.
Male condoms are made up of plastic, animal membrane or – more generally – latex, and are rolled on to an erect penis to prevent semen from entering the woman’s vagina both during and after the intercourse. This really is one of the most efficient methods for preventing the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.
HOW TO USE CONDOM?
Use the Easy-Tear Edge – Use the edge with zig-zag, referred to as the easy-edge to open the wrapper of the condom. It is designed to open easily and quickly. Prevent the use of scissors, machetes, teeth or any other sharp instruments to open the wrapper, as you may risk damaging the condom as a result.
Figure out where the condom is folded – This could be challenging in some cases, especially when you are in a dark place. The most important thing that you can do is to feel the best way it is supposed to be rolled on by using your fingers. Otherwise, remember that most typical lubricated condoms are only lubricated on the outside, which means that you should be able to decide which way it points by finding the lubricated side of the condom.
Penis must be fully erect – Condoms should always fit firmly – but not very much – without any wrinkles on the condom. If it is rolled onto a penis that is not yet fully erect, it may fall off or break during the intercourse.
Check for damage or breaks – Check the condom regularly. If you realize that it is loose or has broken during sex, you must buy another immediately. Use emergency contraception like pills, to prevent pregnancy and prevent fertilization. If you are in doubt, do not hesitate or be afraid to consult your doctor for advice.
Remove condom after ejaculation – Withdraw the condom by grasping the bottom, to prevent it from spilling or slipping. This will also prevent the condom from getting stock inside the vagina.
Dispose appropriately – After withdrawing the condom, tie its open end and look at wrapping it with toilet or tissue paper. Get rid of the condom by throwing it in the trash bin.
A female condom is worn before sex by inserting it inside the woman’s vagina. It is typically made of a synthetic rubber called nitrile. Just like male condoms, it also serves as a barrier to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted disease.
HOW TO USE FEMALE CONDOM?
- Carefully take the female condom out of its pocket. Do not open the package by using your teeth or any sharp materials to prevent it from being damaged.
- The condom’s smaller ring has to be squeezed at the closed end and then inserted carefully in the vagina.
- The penis needs to enter the female condom.
- Gently pull out the condom immediately after sex, to prevent the semen from leaking out.
- Throw the condom in a trash can and remember not to flash it in the toilet.
HOW CONDOMS WORKS?
The main role of condoms is to prevent the semen (sperm) from reaching the egg. It serves as a barrier to make sure that there will be no fertilization occurring. Condoms for males can feature lubrication and spermicide which will kill the sperm cells quickly and efficiently.
To use the condom effectively, it is advised that the condom should always be worn before having sex, since sperm is likely to appear even before the man’s ejaculation or climax.
Aside from preventing pregnancy, condoms help stop sexually transmitted diseases from spreading. Always remember to use condoms, even when having oral sex, since it can be a route for STDs. Condoms must be rolled on properly before sex and withdrawn immediately after ejaculation.
READ ALSO: MODERN DAYS RELATIONSHIPS
IMPORTANCE OF USING CONDOM
A condom is the easiest way to prevent pregnancy, and much more effective than other contraceptive methods that are available to couples. Here is a list of the main benefits, when used properly.
- It protects and prevents the spread of sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s).
- Also it prevents unintended pregnancy.
- Very reliable and an efficient method when used properly.
- It can be used by all couples.
- Portabilty hence not a hassle to use and easy to bring wherever you go.
- Is easy to use and can improve pleasure (depending on the type of condom).
- No need for examination or prescription.
- Also is almost available anywhere and very inexpensive.
- It is harmless and safe for health, as opposed to birth control pills.
- Condom has no side effect for neither the man nor woman.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN USING CONDOM
- Avoid tearing the condom while opening it from its wrapper.
- It is highly advised to always use a condom whenever you have sex.
- It is not recommended to use male and female condoms simultaneously. Either should be sufficient.
- Condoms should be worn before having sex.
- Use a new condom every time you initiate a sexual intercourse.
- Withdraw the condom while the penis is still erect.
- Effectiveness of using a condom depends on how properly it was rolled on and used.
- Always use condoms particularly when doing sexual activities that could spread STD’s.
- Checking the expiration date of the condom is very important, because over time its material may degrade and could easily break if it is used beyond the expiration date.
WHERE TO GET OR BUY A CONDOM?
Condoms are commonly available at drugstores and family panning health clinics. But, you can also get them in supermarkets and buy condoms online, for better convenience. One example could be to find them on Amazon, and saving them to a wishlist if you want to.
Sometimes, condoms can be bought in a vending machine, and today many family planning clinics are giving condoms away for free.
WHEN SHOULD IT BE USED?
Condoms should and can be worn every time you are having a sexual intercourse with your partner. The effectiveness of the condom depends on its proper usage. Both partners are responsible for using a condom during the intercourse.